Saturday, April 11, 2009

Magic Soup Essay Winners - Part 2

Here's another winning essay from Carly in California:

I'm standing at the base of a massive oak tree; in its sturdy branches there sits a beautiful old tree house. This is where I'll cook my magical soup. The twisting staircase teeters as I climb up into the homey tree bungalow. I survey my kitchen space. It's a big kitchen with everything needed to make magic. I start boiling the vegetable stock; animals from all around come and sit on the beams of the house, watching me curiously. My close friend comes to help me; we throw into the pot of bubbling broth: kidney beans, spinach, salt, pepper, noodles, tomatoes, basil, thyme, and sizzling turkey bacon. We dip our heads over the soup and breathe in the savory scents. It smells delicious! But we forgot something! Love, gratitude, laughter, kindness, happiness and the most special ingredient...an secret spice that will wipe all your worries away! After we add the special ingredient, a new kind of smell comes over the whole tree house. Do you know what it is? All the feelings that we added are mixing together, blending into the soup. I look at my friend-we know that it's the best batch of magical soup we've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment